Important Insurance Policies for Cable TV, Satellite TV, Digital TV, and Broadband Companies
We're all about doing things well and doing them efficiently. We know small-business owners like you
don't have much time, and that's why we've written this quick, simple guide to business insurance.
Here's an overview to the important insurance policies and what you need to know about them.
- General Liability Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Business Owner's Policy
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
General Liability Insurance
Will help your business pay for the costs related to these lawsuits, which might include:
- Legal fees (lawyer's fees, court costs, witness fees, etc.).
- Damages to property.
- Settlements / judgments awarded by a judge.
Property Insurance can help you recover the cost of lost or damaged property. Covered claims include:
- Some weather events
Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Lost wages while an employee recovers.
- Medical bills.
- Support for dependents.
- Funeral costs.
"We insure California Cable Installers at the best prices"
Errors and Omissions Insurance
Errors & Omissions Insurance (also called E&O Insurance or Professional Liability Insurance) protects your business from lawsuits where unhappy customers claim your business.
- Delivered incomplete or unsatisfactory work.
- Was negligent.
- Made errors.
- Did not deliver the goods and services agreed upon.
Umbrella Insurance (often called Excess Liability Insurance) works differently that other Insurance policies because it doesn't provide its own coverage, but rather boosts your current coverage to three other policies. Umbrella Insurance can improve your coverage in.
- General Liability Insurance.
- Commercial Auto Insurance (Hired and Non-Owned Auto coverage included with General Liability Insurance).
- Employers' Liability Insurance (the part of Worker's Comp that pays for lawsuits).
Inland Marine Insurance
Inland marine insurance will offer coverage for your tools and equipment in the event that they become damaged or stolen either when they are stored, while driving to a client's home or business, and while they are on the job site. For cable and satellite TV installers, inland marine insurance is a great policy to have because the equipment and tools you use are very expensive; you don't want to have to cover the costs of replacing them out-of-pocket.
Automobile exposures include mobile vehicles with permanently attached equipment that may be taken out of local areas for cable installation.